Driving while under the influence of alcohol is a serious criminal offense that demands a serious criminal defense. A conviction on a DUI charge can result in fines, increased auto insurance rates, the revocation or suspension of your driver's license, and possible jail time. A repeat DUI offense will lead to even more serious penalties.

Lackawanna County DUI Lawyer

An experienced DUI lawyer can dramatically impact the outcome of a case. I'm Lackawanna County DUI defense lawyer Bernard J. Brown. At the office of Bernard J. Brown, Attorney at Law, I have extensive experience defending people against DUI charges. I will take decisive action aimed at helping you minimize the impact of these allegations.

In Pennsylvania, any motorist who has a blood alcohol content above .08 percent within two hours after driving can be charged with DUI. The state rewrote its DUI laws in 2004, resulting in harsher penalties for people convicted of driving with blood alcohol content levels between .10 percent and .15 percent, and harsher still at levels of .16 percent or above. The complexity of these laws makes it important to call a lawyer immediately after being arrested for DUI.

There are numerous ways to defend drivers who face DUI charges. Questions to ask following a DUI arrest include:

  • Did the police have sufficient cause to stop your vehicle?
  • Did the law enforcement officer read you your rights?
  • Was the Breathalyzer test administered properly?
  • Was your blood sample taken within the proper amount of time after a stop?
  • Are you at risk of having your driver's license suspended?

You can depend on me to examine every aspect of your case and explain all of your options. I work to develop creative solutions that produce the best possible outcome for each client. For example, I have helped clients reduce their jail time or avoid jail completely by enrolling them in a drug and alcohol treatment program.

I provide a free initial consultation. Call attorney Bernie Brown at 570-281-8117 to schedule an appointment, or use the online contact form.