Drug Crimes

In Pennsylvania, any drug conviction brings on any number of potentially serious penalties such as fines, probation and even incarceration. One thing is certain though, depending on the amount of the substance you're found with, mandatory minimums may apply in your case. A second offense carries more severe penalties.

Depending upon the type of charge, you could also lose your right to own or possess a firearm, and you may lose employment opportunities. If you're a student, it's important to know that drug trafficking convictions often prevent individuals from receiving federal financial student aid.

A Carbondale Drug Offense Attorney Who Will Keep You Informed

Clearly, drug crime charges are not something to take lightly. The outcome can impact the rest of your life. I am Lackawanna County drug crime attorney Bernard J. Brown. If you face felony or state drug crime charges, I can help you determine your best course of action.

It's important for anyone facing a criminal charge to maintain a realistic view of where his or her case is going. I make sure my clients are informed every step of the way. As an experienced lawyer, I will aggressively pursue the best possible outcome, but I don't give clients false expectations.

I represent clients who face different types of drug crimes, including:

  • Distribution
  • Drug possession
  • Drug trafficking
  • Marijuana cultivation
  • Meth labs
  • Sales of controlled substances

I review the circumstances of the case to see if authorities performed a legal search and seizure, or if there are other procedural mistakes that may lead to the dismissal of the charges.

I also understand that people sometimes make bad decisions and regret it afterward. In these situations, it's important to have an attorney who can negotiate a plea agreement that minimizes the penalties. I have a great feel for how to negotiate with prosecutors.

Schedule a Free Consultation

I offer a free initial consultation in which you can get many of your questions answered. Call me at 570-281-8117 to schedule an appointment, or use my online contact form.